The Success Storey
The Success Storey
From the very beginning, the Deogracia team and consulters were determined to ensure Deogracia Province Software does not fail!
Introduction: Deogracia began its survey and deep analysis of the Province management. We interacted with many Provinces who had attempted with software development and implementation but did not yield the desired results. This was a learning curve for us. We learned a lot, we analyzed it and ensured, the mistakes are not repeated with Deogracia
Reasons for failed attempts: The key reason for the failure was, none of the attempts had a foundation to integrate the complex data processing and at the development stage, these were not factored. As a result, when more complex requirements came in the middle of implementation, the developers realized the very architecture of the software was simply not able to handle it. The option before them was to scrap and rebuild it again. That involved a lot of additional cost which the Province were not willing to invest.
Detailed System Study: Deogracia team spent 3 years of its initial development period exclusively for Province system study, analysis in detail involving Provincials, Provinced administrators and Membters to understand the complex structure of Province administration
Offline V/s Online At the beginning there was resistance to online systems and most Province preferred offline systems. Being experts in IT, the team had forecast the end of off-line system and the only way forward is cloud computing. The team proved it today!
Why past software attempts did not take off as expected? Deogracia has several advantages and takes care of the many problems faced by offline software. Following are excerpts from a study on why off-line software did not take off and how Deogracia is designed to overcome those shortcomings:-
1. Offline software Implementation, installation, maintenance, support, updates and upgrades were to be provided at each location making it expensive and unviable in the long run. [Deogracia is cloud based and centrally implemented, installed, supported, maintained and controlled from a single location at the Province]
2. Offline software was installed on local PC. In many instances, lack of timely support and absence of quality system maintenance crashed PCs along with the software and data. [Deogracia is system independent. It is accessible from anywhere on any internet connected system or mobile with a username and password]
3. In most cases, Offline software vendors got their money in the first year itself. This left them disinterested to upgrade the programme to future requirements. [Deogracia does not charge upfront fees. It is based on a monthly subscription. Subscription based software ensure timely maintenance and support]
4. Security patches and updates could not be carried out regularly as it was difficult to reach all Communities; leaving Offline software redundant and defunct. [Deogracia is managed centrally, upgrades and patches are required to be done only one a single system making it quick and uniform for everyone]
5. Offline software had single user format where Province admin was the only user and in many cases the software discontinued due to inadequate operational knowledge of the incoming admin. [Deogracia is built on multi user format. Every community and member has a login. This ensures continuity and ease of management]
6. Province had no operational control over the Offline software and it became difficult to push through implementation and ensure continuity. [Deogracia is centrally installed, controlled and managed by each Province]
7. Offline software did not offer direct benefits to everyone. The system mostly meant to compile member data without benefits to everyone in the province. [Deogracia is a multi user system with login for each entity to receive information, communication and submit reports and information to Province Headquarters online.]